I was saddened to learn last week that Daughter Darling, the band that kicked off the very first episode of Dave's Lounge, has broken up. Lead vocalist Natalie Walker announced recently that she has decided to pursue a solo career, and she's set up this Myspace page in preparation for her solo debut.
“Sweet Shadows” was a great CD, and if it's not in your collection yet, it should be. You can buy a copy at the Dave's Lounge Shop. I wish everyone in the band all the best in their future endeavors.
Playlist for Dave's Lounge #33:
- Lily Cushman Culhane, “Love Song”
- Hands Upon Black Earth, “inspiral”
- Glideascope, “Devushka (Beautiful)” Buy this song at iTunes.
- Daughter Darling, “Sweet Shadows” Buy this song at iTunes.
- Mistake Theory, “Rivers Run”
- Throcke, “Someday Away”
Enjoy the show!