I'm starting to find a lot of new artists on Myspace again, and some of them are finding me as well, even though I rarely update this podcast's Myspace page anymore. It's funny how most people tend to think of that site as being passé in 2008, but it's still a useful resource for connecting bands with listeners — and podcasters. Perhaps that's an idea we should apply to all technologies. Never mind the hype surrounding a gadget or web site; is it useful?
Playlist for Dave's Lounge #103:
- Mooli, "One Design" Buy from: eMusic | iTunes
- Two Loons for Tea, "Marietta" Buy from: eMusic | iTunes
- Bluba Lu, "Lost Song"
- Weather Pending, "Perfect Weather"
- Prefade Listening, "Rise and Fall" Buy from: iTunes
- mr Epic, "Down Low" Buy from: eMusic | iTunes
Not an eMusic member? Click here to sign up for a free 15-day trial and receive 25 free MP3 downloads, plus 30 MP3s a month for only $9.99. It’s a great value for indie music lovers and a great way to support both the artists and this podcast.
If you'd like to listen to this episode or any other on your iPhone, check out the Dave's Lounge direct download page.
Enjoy the show!
Dig Dave’s Lounge? Digg Dave’s Lounge!