Y’know, if Anji Bee can talk about Sasha Vujacic on her site, I figure I can mention my Carolina Railhawks here. Not only did I get to see our new-look football club win its USL season opener against Minnesota on Saturday night, but I got to spend 30 minutes jamming with these guys:
That’s me in the vest up front, pounding away on the big bass drum. And that’s the North Carolina A&T drumline playing behind me. Yes, that was as awesome as it looked. Plus, we won the game, which was also awesome.
Soccer is a fun bit of escapism these days. We all need some escapism in our lives. This week’s show ponders that idea a little bit and encourages you to escape into the music — including a brand new project from Dave’s Lounge favorite Natalie Walker…
Playlist for Dave’s Lounge #154:
- Mouchette, "Cherry Tree" Coming soon…
- School of Seven Bells, "Half Asleep" Buy from: iTunes | eMusic
- City Rain, "Try to Understand" Buy from: iTunes | eMusic
- Christian Erickson, "The Long Season" Download from: 3 Sided Singles
- Adam Fielding, "Busy Lives" Buy from: iTunes
- Bad Boy Bill, "Falling Anthem" Buy from: iTunes | eMusic
Not an eMusic member? Click here to sign up for a free 15-day trial and receive 25 free MP3 downloads, plus 30 MP3s a month for only $9.99. It’s a great value for indie music lovers and a great way to support both the artists and this podcast.
If you’d like to listen to this episode or any other on your iPhone, check out the Dave’s Lounge direct download page.
Enjoy the show!