So you might seen me mention on my Twitter feed this week (and in past weeks) that Verizon DSL service has suddenly become quite useless inside my house. While there’s one local Verizon repairman who’s sympathetic to my cause, my complaints have, for the most part, fallen on deaf ears. I’m sure Verizon would love to offer me FiOS, expect that there’s no timetable at all for FiOS rollout here in Durham, North Carolina.
I would leave Verizon tomorrow, as I’m out of contract, but my only other option is Time Warner Cable, which is more expensive, and their apparent lack of interest in fixing a malfunctioning junction box behind my house is the reason that I switched to Verizon in the first place. So I have two options for high-speed Internet access at my house, and neither of them really work properly. So what do I do now? Seriously, if anyone out there has suggestions, post a comment here, because I’m starting to miss having an Internet connection I can rely on.
Playlist for Dave’s Lounge #168:
- Adam Fielding, "You’re On Your Own" Buy from: iTunes | Magnatune
- Kush, "I’m Not Myself Lately" Buy from: iTunes
- Hands Upon Black Earth, "Some Nights" Buy from: iTunes | eMusic
- My Shadow and I, "He Did It Mostly For Her" Buy from: iTunes
- Under, "Berkeley" Buy from: iTunes | eMusic
- 4 Tunes feat. Deborah Vilchez, "Oir Es Aprender" Buy from: iTunes | eMusic
- Bent, "Sing Me" Buy from: iTunes | eMusic
Not an eMusic member? Click here to sign up for a free 15-day trial and receive 25 free MP3 downloads, plus 30 MP3s a month for only $11.99. It’s a great value for indie music lovers and a great way to support both the artists and this podcast.
Dave’s Lounge has it’s own Facebook page. Become a fan!
Enjoy the show!