I didn't have much to say this week, so I decided to let Aimee Mullins do the talking to start the show. Aimee is a double amputee who lost both her lower legs soon after she was born, then went on to become a track star at Villanova University, a model and a fantastic public speaker. You can watch some of her speeches at TED.com.
Playlist for Dave's Lounge #187:
- Klangstein, “Destiny” Buy from: iTunes | eMusic*
- Mark Khoen, "The Morning Air (Chillout Mix)" Buy from: iTunes | eMusic
- Ambray, "Maya" Buy from: iTunes
- Solar Cycle, "Silver Lights" Buy from: iTunes | eMusic
- Darren DuVall, "Between the Streets" Buy from: iTunes | eMusic
- Merge of Equals, "Montgolfier" Buy from: iTunes | eMusic
- Sounds Like Sander, "Brazilian Girls" Buy from: iTunes
- Durojaiye Versatile, "Stay and Enjoy Life" Buy from: iTunes | eMusic
- Pearlcoder, "Mojito al la Playa" Buy from: iTunes | eMusic
- Balligomingo, "You're a Star" Buy from: iTunes | eMusic
Own an iPhone or an iPod touch? Check out the Dave's Lounge iPhone app, which will give you to access all the latest episodes of Dave's Lounge from anywhere for only $1.99. The Dave's Lounge iPhone app is now available from the iTunes app store.
Enjoy the show!