As the rain fell and the thunder shook the sky, I took a moment to reflect on Dave's Lounge turning ten years old very soon. I'm starting to put together the 10th anniversary mix now, which will be released as show #308 on May 8. Once upon a time, I envisioned the 10th anniversary as being a big live concert with a bunch of my favorite artists from over the years. Alas, I asked a girl to marry me, so I don't have the money to put into putting on a show right now.
Still, I've got plenty of great new music for you this week. Our old friends Dive Index have a new video for their latest single, which you can watch here. Plus, our pals at Soulection have a new EP from a teenage wunderkind that you really need to hear…
Playlist for Dave's Lounge #306:
- (00:42) Dive Index, "Scars (feat. Simone White)" Buy from: iTunes
- (06:15) Sam Gellaitry, "Reflectionz" Buy from: iTunes
- (09:45) Q Funktion, "One Day" Coming soon…
- (13:18) Adult Baby, "The Kitchen" Buy from: iTunes
- (18:21) Terracotta Blue, "DreamVintage (Part 1)" Buy from: Bandcamp
- (21:28) Beardyman, "Perfect Waste Of Time" Buy from: iTunes
- (27:25) Sounds from the Ground, "Blink Of An Eye" Buy from: iTunes
- (33:58) Klangstein (feat. Lys Jane), "Sleepwalkers" Buy from: iTunes
- (38:33) Thomas Lemmer (feat. Naemi Joy), "White Room (Gold Lounge in the room Remix)" Buy from: iTunes
- (43:32) Madison Park and Beechkraft, "Words" Buy from: iTunes
- (48:03) Sunbird, "They Accept Paradise (R.I.B & Seven24 chillout mix)" Buy from: iTunes
- (56:48) Quadraphonic Sound Project, "Till Tomorrow"
Don't forget to tell me your favorite song from this week's show in the comments below!
This episode is sponsored in part by Lynda.com, the online learning site with thousands of video courses that can help you learn new tech, business, and creative skills. Sign up for a 10-day unlimited free trial at lynda.com/lounge.
Enjoy the show!
Congrats Dave and Melissa!
Congratulations Dave! It is a big step that requires courage and steadfast intention.
On the page linked here (http://twww.utnereader.com/community/theabcsofintimacy.aspx) I want to call your attention to a verse by Rudolf Steiner: Faithfulness. It is about halfway down the page.
Wishing you all the best.
Dave…my favorite was Naemi Joy on Thomas Lemmers White Room…..I am a designer and have been listening to your podcasts since #1…..and some are “ambient” and help the day go, and others get my attention, and make me refer to the show notes to find out who was the performer. This one in particular made me play it over and over…
two notes……Congrats on the engagement/marriage plans!
Please don’t stop this podcasts….it keeps me alive while I trudge though the days at work that sometimes make absolutely no sense at all
And I loved Sounds form the Ground this week.
Sunbird first, then Thomas Lemmer. I wish Sunbird had produced more music .. albums, individual tracks just get lost in the mass of iTunes music I own.
Congratulations on your engagement Dave (& Melissa)! It’s good to finally see what you look like. I really really hope the podcasts don’t go by the wayside after you get married.
Regarding this episode, it was an excellent one. There were many great choices, it was difficult to choose. I’d say the Dive Index & the Klangstein tunes were my favorite. Closely following, I liked the funk/jazz undertones of Sam Gellaitry and Q Funktion and also Thomas Lemmer’s track. I put Beardyman in third place.
Keep up the high quality music! and BTW, nice ending to this podcast 😉
Congrats n the engagement!!! So happy for y’all!
And I agree with Phil, fantastic episode. LOVED Sam Gellaitry and Dive Index. Really great stuff!