This week, we've got the brand new single from one of my favorite Canadian electronic groups, a couple of fantastic songs from Ninja Tune, and we cover nearly all the styles that the downtempo genre has to offer. Plus, we bring back the Question of the Week: What gets your heart racing? Leave a comment below and let me know.
Please take a moment to fill out this Dave's Lounge Listener Survey, which will help me better serve you in the future.
Playlist for Dave's Lounge #243:
- Delerium, "Monarch" Buy from: iTunes
- Grasscut, "From Towns And Fields" Buy from: iTunes
- Toddla T. (feat. Shola Ama), "Alive" Buy from: iTunes
- Sunclef, "Pyramid Funk" Buy from: Bandcamp
- Wax Tailor, "Heart Stop (feat. Jennifer Charles)" Buy from: iTunes
- Panaphonic, "Walk Away Rendez-Vous" Buy from: iTunes
- Enigmatic (feat. Jean Honeymoon), "Every Moment With You" Buy from: iTunes
- RhodeSensei, "Lovin This Feelin' (Original Mix)" Buy from: iTunes
- *Abigail Washburn & Shanghai Restoration Project, "Song for Mama" Buy from: iTunes
- SAMBOX, "Villa Margot" Coming soon…
- DJ MNX, "Blue Sky" Buy from: iTunes
- Endless Blue, "Dark Blue Orange" Buy from: iTunes
- Professor Kliq, "Museum (Fakeout Funk)" Buy from: iTunes
* – Available only on the Dave's Lounge Premium Podcast, a 256 Kbps version of the show that features additional music not available on the regular show. You can subscribe to the Dave's Lounge Premium Podcast for only $12/year. Try it free for 7 days!
The Dave's Lounge app gives you to streaming access all the latest episodes of Dave's Lounge, plus bonus mixes not available in the podcast, for only $1.99. The Dave's Lounge iPhone app is now available from the iTunes app store. The Dave's Lounge Android App is now available from the Amazon App Store.
Enjoy the show!
What gets my heart racing?
My wife. Especially when there’s some chill-out music in the background…
Quite a laconic answer, but that’s it for me.
You know your listing on the windows phone podcast market has an outdated rss?
What gets my heart racing?
Literally, fun stuff. Biking up a mountain pass. Getting to the top of a 14er. Climbing outside where the fear of falling is extra motivation.
Figuratively… sharing energy with other people. Being part of something big. Knowing that the person next to me and I share a secret. Watching something amazing. Crowds. Connection. I'm definitely not an extrovert, but playing in their world is a rush.
Para-gliding, back and forward on the wind, rising off the cliffs from the ocean, for several hours at a time, or skiing off a mountain into the thermals, feeling like a bird, flying safely… with your podcast and some good chill in my ears, (which is not so safe really) but its good when the conditions are smooth ..
How do I know if I’m getting the premium podcast. I pay-palled for it… there seems to be no difference between the regular and the new ?