What is an open music industry? An open music industry understands it's more important to get heard than to get paid. An open music industry allows everyone to create, rather than just a privileged few. An open music industry treats its customers as honored guests, rather than as criminals. An open music industry seeks not to control the message, but to release it into the wild and let the people who love music be the messengers.
An open music industry is a music industry that's worth supporting. I'm doing my best to support it here at Dave's Lounge. I hope you'll join me…
Playlist for Dave's Lounge #251:
- Boogie Belgique, "Love In Your Eyes" Coming Jan. 23: iTunes
- Submotion Orchestra, "Snow" Buy from: iTunes
- ill-esha, "The Only Cure" Buy from: iTunes
- Sounds from the Ground, "Step Into Now" Buy from: iTunes
- Michael E., "Promise" Buy from: iTunes
- Akshin Alizadeh, "Leavin' 2morrow" Free download: Cold Busted
- Mark de Clive-Lowe & The Rotterdam Jazz Orchestra, "Heaven" Buy from: iTunes
- Green Street, "Scotch On The Rocks" Buy from: iTunes
- Saltillo, "If Wishes Were Catholics" Buy from: iTunes
- Stumbleine, "Capulet" Buy from: iTunes
- Ficci, "Sweet" Buy from: iTunes
- Staycen x Koen, "Never Too Late" Buy from: Bandcamp
Hear more music on the Dave's Lounge Premium Podcast, a 256 Kbps version of the show that features additional music not available on the regular show. You can subscribe to the Dave's Lounge Premium Podcast for only $12/year. Try it free for 7 days!
The Dave's Lounge app gives you to streaming access all the latest episodes of Dave's Lounge, plus bonus mixes not available in the podcast, for only $1.99. The Dave's Lounge iPhone app is now available from the iTunes app store. The Dave's Lounge Android App is now available from the Amazon App Store.
Enjoy the show!
Your podcast continues to be awesome. I hadn’t listened for a while and just came back.
I really liked Mark de Clive-Lowe & The Rotterdam Jazz Orchestra, “Heaven” and
Green Street, “Scotch On The Rocks”
Without people like you, the Internet would be a boring, confusing and cold place. Thanks for doing the show.
If you’re a fan of Boogie Belgique, have you listened to any Mocean Worker? He does a lot of great swing sampling as well. (Not DL style music, but great to dance to!)
Hi Dave. Thank you for putting this amazing show together. I have been a long time listener and have great respect for you and the artists featured on the podcasts. Like Joshua says, its people like you Dave, who have created a place where people can come and relax, chill and be part of a community of others who enjoy good music.
“Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.”. I think this applies to the music we listen to.
I luv, luv this podcast! so cool & really great song lists. always thanks.