This week's show opens with the same song that opened the dance party at my wedding. (Woohoo!) I helped to kickstart Kawehi's next album, Interaktiv, and I asked her if she would cover a song that meant a lot to me and my new wife. It turned out fantastic. I hope y'all enjoy it as much as we did.
As if that weren't enough, Sine Music has a new compilation out, Autumn Time Vol. 3, that has some excellent tunes, and someone we haven't heard since Dave's Lounge #119 stops by for a visit…
Playlist for Dave's Lounge #318:
- (00:16) Kawehi, "Bloodstream" Watch video on: YouTube
- (07:40) Salt of the Sound, "Did You Hear It" Buy from: Bandcamp
- (10:55) Shana Halligan, "Something Real" Buy from: iTunes
- (14:18) Moonnight (feat. Natune), "I Need A New Love" Buy from: iTunes
- (18:02) Merge of Equals (feat. Gina Estrada), "Solitary Blue" Buy from: iTunes
- (23:01) Sferix, "Exodus" Buy from: iTunes
- (27:02) Boris Blenn, "Metaphysical" Buy from: Bandcamp
- (30:50) Templo, "Back Roads" Buy from: Bandcamp
- (35:08) Esbe, "Autumn Bliss" Buy from: Bandcamp
- (38:37) Mathieu + Florzinho, "Eternal Now" Buy from: iTunes
- (44:04) Sad Radio On Cassini, "August" Buy from: iTunes
- (50:08) Caravan Palace, "Wonda" Buy from: iTunes
Don't forget to tell me your favorite song from this week's show in the comments below.
COME SEE ME DJ LIVE IN PHILADELPHIA NEXT WEEKEND! For the 3rd year in a row, I'll be DJing at DJX Fusion Weekend on Saturday, November 14. Click here for details.
Take your place to chill on the go with the Dave's Lounge App, which gives you to streaming access all the latest episodes of Dave's Lounge, plus bonus mixes not available in the podcast, for only $1.99. The Dave's Lounge App is now available for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone.
Enjoy the show!
I really liked Shana Halligan’s track this week, “Something Real.” Nicely chilled, but not sleepy.
Shana Halligan, “Something Real”
Sad Radio On Cassini, “August”
I know it’s too late for your yearbook episode, but maybe it will influence your future podcasts. On the upbeat side, I really enjoyed Caravan Palace’s “Wonda”. Very fresh.
On the mellow/sleepy side, Salt of the Sound, “Did You Hear It” and Moonnight (feat. Natune), “I Need A New Love” hit the spot for me.
As Mulliga stated, the two nicely chilled, but not sleepy tracks for me were Shana Halligan, “Something Real” first, followed by Kawehi’s cover of “Bloodstream”.