When Kawehi sent out copies of her new Interaktiv EP to Kickstarter backers, she asked everyone to keep a lid on things until February 24. I do hope she doesn't mind that I'm jumping the gun by a couple days on this opening track of hers, because it is spectacular! The new EP — which is her best one yet — will be out on Kawehi's Bandcamp page on Wednesday, and you can find her upcoming tour dates here. (Melissa and I already have tickets to her show in Chapel Hill on April 29.)
And if new music from Kawehi isn't enough to grab you, how about a brand new album from Submotion Orchestra? Check out their Bandcamp page to stream and buy Colour Theory, or click here to stream it on Spotify.
Playlist for Dave's Lounge #324:
- (00:11) Kawehi, “Smoke Screens”
- (05:43) Submotion Orchestra, “Red Dress”
- (10:07) Louis Futon (feat. ROZES), “Wasted On You”
- (13:54) KLANGLIEBE, “Fatally Wounded (Original Mix)”
- (18:33) I'm From Finland, “Young Love”
- (23:26) Krystian Shek, “Champagne Bubble Bath”
- (29:46) Jerome Isma-Ae & Max Freegrant, “Thrill Me (Marsbeing Remix)”
- (33:30) ROMM & Alex Believe (feat. Margo Lane), “Forever (Chillout Mix)”
- (39:33) Mac Dusty, “Mind Expansion”
- (42:35) Midflite, “Autumn Love”
- (46:21) Calm Drama, “First Light”
- (54:45) Mo-Ka, “Winter (Chill Breaks Mix)”
Let me know your favorite song from this week's show in the comments below.
Enjoy the show!
I like “Fatally Wounded” – nothing like good old-fashioned German trip hop.
Kawehi’s track is excellent and my favorite for this show. You and M. might just see me at her show next month.
As usual, you make it difficult with many tough choices. With that said, not to discount your favorites (Submotion Orchestra and Kawehi – they are terrific as well) I like “Fatally Wounded” the most, followed by “Forever”.